Morgan focuses her practice on sophisticated corporate transactions, corporate governance issues, SEC reporting and compliance, public offerings, and private placements of debt and equity, ensuring that clients receive cost-effective and high-quality advice. She brings a deep understanding of market trends when negotiating and closing complex business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, negotiation of commercial contracts, and structuring and governance of corporate entities.
As part of her practice, Morgan regularly acts for clients in a number of outside general counsel roles ranging from representation in complex commercial contracting engagements to providing guidance in corporate governance and general business law matters. She is extremely familiar with SEC reporting and compliance obligations and regularly advises issuers on a broad range of securities matters, including investor relations and disclosure issues, compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Dodd-Frank Act, Section 16 reporting, executive compensation matters, disclosure under Regulation FD, and periodic reporting on Forms 8-K, 10-Q, and 10-K.
Morgan’s experience extends to both public and private companies.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Greenville Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Board Member, Meyer Center for Special Children, 2017 - Present
- Member, Firm Transatlantic Lawyers Network
- Member, Firm Pro Bono Committee
- Board Member, Youth in Government & Teen Achievers, 2015 - 2017
- Greenville Young Professionals Pacesetters, 2015
Honors and Awards
Recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers® in Securities and Corporate Finance, 2018 - 2020
Presenter, "Basics of Private Placements and Reg. D Offerings in South Carolina," Greenville County Bar Association, February 2015
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a bank holding company in a complex series of transactions over the course of a year, including the private placement of $25 million of common stock, subsequent private placement of $50 million of subordinated debentures, merger with another bank holding company, merger of bank subsidiaries, and the registration of common stock.
- Represented a timeshare company in an exchange offering of $300 million of registered public notes for 144A notes.
- Represented numerous privately-held companies, including start-ups, in private placements of debt and equity securities.
- Routinely drafts and manages annual shareholder communications and Section 16 reporting for multiple clients.
- Represented multiple publicly-traded companies in filing shelf registration statements and subsequent take-downs.
- Legal Intern for the Division of Enforcement, United States Securities & Exchange Commission, 2013
- Summer Associate, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP, 2012, 2013
- Legal Intern for the Office of Inspector General, United States Securities & Exchange Commission, 2013
- Judicial Intern for the Honorable J. Michelle Childs, United States District Court (South Carolina), 2012