Michael has experience in supporting and advising various clients working in the transport sector, with a particular focus on the rail sector. Michael has assisted on matters in relation to rail franchise bids, rolling stock procurements, leasing, modification and maintenance contracts and on general commercial and operational matters.
During his training contract, Michael undertook a client secondment which provided a valuable insight into the practical application of legal advice.
Examples of experience include:
- LNER on the procurement of a new fleet of trains including associated maintenance and leasing arrangements
- Govia Thameslink Railway in respect of the new National Rail Contract and its rolling stock strategy for the continued provision of passenger services on the TSGN franchise
- Southeastern on the handover of the South Eastern rail franchise to SE Trains Limited and transitional rolling stock arrangements
- Govia Thameslink Railway on the COVID-19 related emergency measures side agreements and subsequent emergency recovery measures agreement
- Govia Thameslink Railway and Southeastern on a range of operational agreements and franchise related arrangements
- Govia Thameslink Railway on the leasing arrangements for the Class 365 and Class 387 vehicles
- Govia Thameslink Railway on the operational interface in relation to the new Luton DART system connecting Luton Airport Parkway Station with London Luton Airport
- Southeastern in relation to the direct award extension to its franchise agreement, various rolling stock modification and maintenance contracts and servicing arrangements at the Ashford Depot
- Stadler in relation to the manufacture, supply and maintenance of 71 new rolling stock units for the Wales & Borders franchise.