Martha has recently qualified into the commercial team, having gained a breadth of commercial experience during her training contract with the firm. During her training, Martha gained 14 months of commercial experience, both in-house while on secondment, and within the firm's commercial team.
During the run up to GDPR implementation, Martha gained significant experience in advising a wealth of clients regarding their data protection compliance strategies, including compliance with the law on cookies and direct marketing.
Whilst seconded to a global chemical manufacturer, Martha was involved in the drafting and negotiation of numerous high value contracts, and has since built on her expertise in manufacturing contracts upon her return to the commercial team.
Examples of experience include:
- Providing termination advice in relation to various international Agency contracts for UK-based chemical manufacturing client.
- Heavy involvement in various GDPR projects, including global compliance projects for clients from the Manufacturing, Insurance, Consumer (Fast Food) and Academic sectors. Provided support to larger projects, including the review of various policies and procedures, along with bespoke drafting of data processing agreements and data controller / processor analysis.
- Coordinating global project for US-based Insurance client regarding regulatory guidance for GDPR Data Controller registration requirements.
- Leading on the negotiation and drafting of multi-million euro energy purchasing contracts for global chemical manufacturing client. Including experience of regulatory aspects of energy contracts from multi-jurisdictional perspective.
- Advising North-East based pharmaceuticals manufacturer on a number of Manufacturing Services Agreements.