*Mr. Newberg provides consulting services only and is not practicing law at the firm.
As Director of Impact Strategies, Mark leads the firm's Impact and ESG-focused strategic consulting work, building on his decade of experience at the leading edge of the Impact Economy. Over that decade Mark has led Impact/ESG-related initiatives ranging from for-profit business strategy development, to Federal policy creation, to high-growth entrepreneurship, to disaster recovery, and beyond.
Mark's work focuses on the intersection of profit and purpose, helping clients grow their competitive advantage with Impact. He is responsible for creating the Simple Vetting Process, a proprietary approach that simplifies the identification and integration of Impact opportunities into clients' core business models. He has also developed the theory of Impact "Hidden in Plain Sight," a way of explaining Impact's integration into everyday commerce. In addition, Mark has worked with Womble's CMF team to develop an automated metrics dashboard, for use by the firm's Impact clients to measure and monitor progress toward established goals.
Mark is a guest contributor to both Forbes and the Huffington Post, on topics related to Impact Investing, ESG, and the Impact Economy, and produces Womble's Impact Whiteboard educational video series. He also serves as a mentor at MassChallenge, and a judge for the Louisiana Startup Prize.
Prior to joining Womble, Mark served as Interim President of T2 Venture Creation, Deputy Director of the Global Innovation Summit, a Senior Policy Advisor at the US Small Business Administration, and a Post-Katrina Advisor to the New Orleans City Council.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Worked with a large Midwestern manufacturer to develop an Impact Management Plan, focusing on the creation of defined "Good Jobs," utilizing both the Simple Vetting Process(sm) and "Hidden in Plain Sight" theory.
- Helped a major American foundation develop a strategic collaboration framework, focused on bringing numerous peer foundations together in support of common Impact goals.
- Developed an Impact strategy, framework, and implementation process for a business accelerator program in the Southern United States
- Created and implemented an Impact focus group to aid a West Coast real estate developer in refining a workforce housing-related project.
- Designed an Impact measurement dashboard for a national non-profit working at the intersection of workforce development and housing.