Mark chairs the Firm’s Antitrust, Regulatory and Government Affairs Practice Group. Mark is a commercial litigator and counselor with special experience in antitrust, trade regulation and gaming law. Over his career, he has helped companies in a variety of industries establish and defend advanced distribution, regulatory compliance, marketing and pricing strategies. He works closely with those clients on supply chain relationships, licensing, antitrust and franchise compliance, mergers and acquisitions and intellectual property protection. His practice focuses on smoothing the path of legal issues involved in getting products from manufacturing facility to end user, so that his clients can “ring the cash register.”
At the same time, he has litigated antitrust, intellectual property and gaming-related cases in state and federal courts across the US, the UK and the Caribbean.
Mark’s antitrust work includes representing clients before the US Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission and many state attorneys general. His work for clients in the gaming industry involves lobbying efforts in state and territorial legislatures, work with gaming and lottery authorities nationally and internationally, and litigation of gaming issues.
Mark’s clients count on him for a variety of skill sets which can involve any combination of litigation, public relations, administrative proceedings, criminal investigations and lobbying.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Won a multi-million dollar verdict for a client headquartered in Pennsylvania after a twoweek arbitration at the London ICC International Court of Arbitration.
- Won a complete defense verdict after a week-long antitrust trial in St. Louis, MO federal court.
- Obtained a dismissal of a qui tam case brought by an ex-US attorney in US District Court in the US Virgin Islands.
- Won a complete plaintiff’s verdict after a seven-week antitrust trial in US District Court, M.D.N.C.
- Obtained dismissal of an eight-figure breach of contract case brought by the US Virgin Islands attorney general in the Superior Court of the US Virgin Islands