Lucy is an Associate in our London office specialising in professional negligence claims. She is regularly instructed by both insurers and insureds and has experience of defending claims against a variety of professionals including solicitors, insurance brokers, surveyors and architects. Lucy has a particular interest in coverage issues and claims involving trusts and probate issues.
Lucy has undertaken secondments to two of our key insurer clients and a large London broker firm. These have provided her a valuable experience of the insurance market and the business of our clients. She enjoys giving seminars and writes for in-house publications.
- The successful defence of a claim at trial against a housing consultant arising out of the transfer of council housing stock to a registered social landlord (CGA v BWNL  EWHC 231)
- Coverage advice and arbitration for insurers in relation to a declined indemnity to a solicitor insured
- Defence of a firm of solicitors in respect of a multimillion pound claim concerning underlying contentious probate proceedings
- Defence of a firm of solicitors in respect of breach of trust in a conveyancing transactions
- Defence of a number of firms of solicitors in respect of claims by a commercial lender as part of a managed process
- Coverage advice and arbitration for insurers as to which policy year responds to claims arising out of breaches of the Solicitors' Accounts Rules
- Defence of a firm of solicitors in respect of allegations relating to probate and trusts issues
- Claims against insurance brokers in both negligence and breach of contract
- Defence of a solicitor at trial with allegations involving corruption and bribery (Nayyar v Denton Wilde Sapte  EWHC 3218 (QB)).