Strategic, Responsive, Tenacious and Value-Oriented. As a litigation partner, Louis is battle hardened, trial-tested and respected for his effective representation of clients. Louis has served as trial counsel and lead counsel for a broad range of businesses, including those in the real estate development, manufacturing and financial services industries. Louis is committed to building long-lasting relationships with clients through honest communication, true partnership and being ever mindful of the bottom line. Whether representing plaintiff, defendant or an involuntary participant, Louis views litigation as a business tool and one that should strengthen a client’s position going forward.
For Louis, strategy starts with an early and thorough case analysis, including identification of legal issues, claims, defenses and, most importantly, the goals of the client and the business implications. As outside counsel, Louis views alignment with his client as vital to creating trust and to maximizing cooperation and efficiency. Louis’s significant experience in pricing and budgeting contributes additional value to his relationships as clients should know both the legal and cost landscape.
Clients rely on Louis to represent them in manufacturing, product liability, successor liability, real estate development and financial services disputes. He has successfully litigated several class action suits for national and international companies in these sectors.
- District of Columbia Bar
- District of Columbia Federal Bar
- Maryland State Bar
- Maryland Federal Bar
- United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals Bar
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Lead trial counsel for largest student loan service provider in four class actions alleging state and federal violations, including violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDPA”). Successfully eliminated claims and defeated nation-wide discovery before reaching a global settlement.
- Lead trial counsel for national construction equipment rental company in an indemnity dispute arising from termination of franchise agreements. Successfully appealed from trial court order erroneously ordering company to mediate and arbitrate its dispute pursuant to an agreement to which the company was not a party.
- Provided strategic advice and risk assessment to international company regarding business decisions impacting product lines and distribution agreements.
- Trial counsel for national housing developer in lawsuit against local government entities for Section 1983 violations, including violations of procedural and substantive Due Process, violations of Equal Protection Clause and unlawful takings under the Fifth Amendment.
- Lead counsel on dozens of commercial property disputes, coast-to-coast, representing publicly traded national REIT specializing in acquisition, development, and management of commercial office buildings. Successfully brought and tried lawsuit brought by REIT against commercial tenant.