Intellectual curiosity makes Loryn a formidable mass torts litigator. Her clients appreciate her thoughtful approach to problem-solving and attentiveness to their needs.
Loryn’s litigation practice is focused on defending tobacco companies in "Engle" progeny cases in Florida as well as guiding insurance and local government clients in complex litigation.
Her areas of mass tort experience include actions involving product liability, personal injury, fraud, bad faith, and unfair and deceptive trade practice.
Her local government litigation experience includes representing county agencies, elected officials, and law enforcement officers in constitutional claims under 42 U.S.C. §1983 and state law tort claims.
Loryn’s broad range of skills and experience in pre-trial litigation include expert witness development and motions practice. She has represented clients in both federal and state courts. She has also counseled and advocated on behalf of clients at mediation.
In addition to her legal experience, Loryn also spent five years in various roles with Bank of America monitoring policy and procedure compliance, which has helped her in understanding her clients’ business objectives.
Loryn was a recipient of the 2017 Winston<40 Leadership Award for her contributions to her profession and the Winston-Salem community.
Contributing Author, Cindy C. Combs, Encyclopedia of Terrorism, (Martin W. Shann ed., 2002).
Civic and Professional Activities
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Forsyth County Bar Association-21st Judicial District Bar
- Winston-Salem Bar Association
- Forsyth County Young Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors, Winston<40 Board, 2016-present
- Board of Directors, Work Family Resource Center Board, 2015-2016
- Attorney Volunteer, Lawyer on the Line
- Tutor, Winston-Salem Rescue Mission
- Tutor, Winston-Salem Chamber of Commerce Corporate Volunteer Program
- Volunteer, Second Harvest Food Bank
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented local county detention center in a suit where a prison inmate alleged negligence. Obtained dismissal of lawsuit.
- Represented Nationwide Insurance Company in two state court suits alleging negligent misrepresentation, fraud, tortious breach of contract, civil conspiracy, bad faith, and unfair and deceptive trade practices. Obtained dismissal of both lawsuits.
- Develop expert witnesses on scientific themes and defend them in depositions.
- Obtained multiple criminal record expunctions on behalf of pro bono clients seeking better employment and living opportunities.