Lauren specialises in resolving commercial property disputes. Her experience includes negotiating and documenting settlements and alternative dispute resolution processes as well as all stages of litigation including pre and post action advisory work, compliance with pre-action protocols, settling pleadings and witness statements, instructing experts and Counsel, preparing for hearings, applications and trial.
Examples of experience include:
- Lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 (opposed and unopposed) and claims for interim rent
- Preparation and service of break notices and advising on break pre-conditions
- Serving schedules of dilapidations and documenting dilapidations settlements
- Bringing leases to an end including by way of forfeiture
- Recovery of rent arrears (with a particular expertise in rent arrears accruing during the COVID-19 pandemic relevant period and effect of the associated debt moratorium on actions and remedies available to landlords).
“Having worked with Lauren on a wide variety of Landlord & Tenant matters her clear advice has always been appreciated. Not only does Lauren have in depth knowledge, understanding and interpretation of the legal position, she is also extremely aware of commercial considerations a landlord may have and tailors her advice accordingly. She is diligent, professional and sensitive to the needs of each litigation matter she deals with. I would not hesitate to recommend her services and take pleasure in working with her to achieve successful commercial outcomes”.
“I would just like to say that I have been most impressed with your handling of this matter. You immediately grasped the issues and responded to the claim in a clear and succinct manner – I didn’t need to do a thing other than give you the initial papers!”