Laramie Paras is a member of the firm’s US Healthcare Practice Team and Diversity Committee. She regularly advises hospitals, healthcare systems, and other providers on issues involving HIPAA Privacy and Security as well as the federal fraud and abuse laws.
Laramie brings a healthcare provider’s perspective to certain matters. Prior to joining Womble, Laramie was a physical therapist for over 10 years and has worked with children and adults in a variety of healthcare settings. She is also Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)®, and combined with her legal and clinical background, Laramie offers a unique insight to help her clients through the complexity of healthcare regulation.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Bar Association, Health Care Law Section
- Greenville County Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Advised clients engaged in clinical research and assisted with structuring and negotiating confidentiality and clinical trial agreements.
- Represented hospitals in a compliance review of the organization’s physician compensation arrangements and assisted with the voluntary Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol with CMS.
- Developed HIPAA policies to comply with current privacy and security regulations for hospitals, physician practices, and healthcare providers and vendors.
- Guided community residential care and nursing facilities on licensing matters and compliance with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control regulations.
- Advised clients on a variety of state regulatory and compliance issues, including scope of practice, certificate of need, and corporate practice of medicine.