A registered patent attorney in Womble Bond Dickinson’s Intellectual Property team, Ken focuses his practice on patent matters. Ken has litigated patent infringement suits regarding biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device products. Ken’s experience encompasses multiple phases of patent litigation, including pre-suit patent analysis, fact and expert discovery, motion practice, summary judgment, bench trials and post-trial briefing.
Ken also has extensive biological experience. As a neuroscience researcher, Ken conducted experiments underlying taste sensation in mice, work that involved searching genomes, generating genetically modified mice and determining the psychophysical and electrophysiological consequences. This work has informed his experience in patent litigation involving products useful for treating complicated neurological diseases such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.
- K. Mueller, CONTRACT LAW – Website Incorporation into Contracts Requires Actual Notice Under the CISG – Roser Technologies, Inc. v. Carl Schreiber GmbH published in Suffolk University Transactional Law Review (Summer 2014)
- Frederick H. Rein, Aviv Zalcenstein & Ken Mueller, Braintree v. Breckenridge and the potential danger of stipulation to a claim construction from an earlier case, J. GENERIC MEDICINES (2017).
Civic and Professional Activities
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Project Citizenship: helped immigrants apply for citizenship by providing application assistance
- Constitutional/medical malpractice: defended an inmate’s rights to proper medical attention
- Death penalty: successfully defended convicted inmate from death penalty in decades-long proceeding
- KIND: advocated on behalf of immigrant children in deportation proceedings