Katie is the newest member of the Employment Team at WBD. Having completed her training contract with the Firm, she joined the Employment Team as a newly qualified solicitor in March 2021.
Katie advises clients on a range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters. She provides support with queries relating to the handling of disciplinary and grievance issues, sickness absence and, more recently, requests for assistance in the handling of COVID-related employment issues. In the short time Katie has been with the team she has gained significant experience in drafting employment contracts, staff handbooks, individual policies and procedures and settlement agreements. She has also provided valuable assistance in the handling of Employment Tribunal claims.
Examples of experience include:
- Assisting with disclosure on a large-scale case involving a number of claimants who are pursuing a claim against a client that operates from a large number of locations across the UK. The claim concerns the employment status of the Claimants. Katie used an e-discovery software platform to assist with her involvement in the review of particular documents that the system identified for review as part of the disclosure process of the case
- Reviewing and updating the policies and staff handbook of a local housing association to ensure that they continue to reflect the operation, culture and requirements of the client
- Drafting and advising on a consultancy agreement for a leading independent school, taking into consideration the need for flexibility in its terms so that it can apply to a number of different situations
- Drafting and advising on service agreements for a large commercial communication client
- Drafting a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for a client operating in the hospitality industry
- Providing regular employment support to clients via helpline arrangements as part of a service provided on behalf of an insurance client to its members.