Katie Ramseur is an associate in the firm’s Business Litigation practice group in the Charlotte office. She helps large corporations, small businesses, individuals and public entities litigate complex business disputes. Katie counsels clients in developing and maintaining litigation strategies that are consistent with their overall business objectives.
Prior to joining Womble Bond Dickinson, Katie served as a law clerk to The Honorable Gregory P. McGuire, Special Superior Court Judge for Complex Business Cases. In this role Katie drafted orders and opinions in cases involving antitrust law, securities law, business and shareholder disputes, unfair business practices and other business torts, trademark law, trade secrets, and significant contract disputes.
Katie’s most recent experiences include working as part of the Womble Bond Dickinson team to represent a large public hospital system in state and federal litigation. She also currently assists a small limited liability company in litigation arising from the sale of a business venture.
- Co-presenter, Moving On is Easy; Letting Go is Hard: Developments in Non-Competition, Non-Solicitation, and Non-Disclosure Agreements, North Carolina Bar Association, Antitrust and Complex Business Disputes Section, Annual Meeting, February 2019
- North Carolina Bar Association, 4All Committee, 2017 – present
- North Carolina Bar Association, Minorities in the Profession Committee, 2017 – present
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section and Young Lawyers’ Division
- Arts & Science Council, Cultural Leadership Program, 2018-present
- John S. Leary Association of Black Lawyers, Vice Chair, 2018-present
Honors and Awards
- Womble Carlyle Scholars Program, 2014
- Scholarship Recipient, South Carolina Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel
- Best Memorandum, Joint Journal Writing Competition, University of South Carolina School of Law, 2014