Kathryn Mansfield focuses her practice on business litigation, specifically advising businesses at all phases of litigation in matters relating to construction defects and environmental and toxic tort litigation. She also has experience advising municipalities and utility providers in both litigation and regulatory proceedings. She practices before South Carolina state and federal courts and the South Carolina Public Service Commission.
Prior to joining the firm, Kathryn served as the law clerk for two years for the Honorable Alison Renee Lee, Fifth Judicial Circuit Court of South Carolina. While in this position, Kathryn directly observed all aspects of litigation, including over twenty trials and hundreds of hearings. Before attending law school, Kathryn worked as an associate engineer for the Nuclear & Criticality Safety Engineering group at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions, LLC on the Department of Energy’s Savannah River Site. In this capacity, Kathryn worked with the Department of Energy to ensure new and existing projects at the site complied with all federal safety regulations.
- Member, South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers’ Division
- Member, Richland County Bar Association
- Member, Junior League of Columbia
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Successfully represented a Fortune 500 company against claims for personal injury and property damage from alleged groundwater contamination.
- Defended a major energy infrastructure company against a multi-million dollar claim of property contamination due to a pipeline leak.
- Regularly assists client with state regulatory filings related to a multi-billion dollar energy project.
- Defends national real estate developer against construction defects claims for condominium projects.