Justin specialises in professional liability claims and policy coverage advice. He manages a team of lawyers working in this sector and also personally handles higher value and more complex or sensitive cases.
City trained he has defended a diverse range of professionals from actuaries to will writers and currently focuses on technology professionals, cyber risk, financial advisers, brokers and legal professionals. He is experienced in managing larger scale projects involving teams of lawyers across disciplines and across offices to deliver successful outcomes for clients. Recent projects have involved heavyweight single cases as well as groups of claims against single insureds.
Having studied insurance law at degree level he has always maintained a policy coverage advice practise looking at all types of policies from cyber risk to professional indemnity and property damage to life insurance.
He has experience at all levels of the litigation process as well as the pre-action protocol and the use of negotiation, arbitration and mediation to resolve disputes.
Justin was seconded to a leading insurer's claims team for six months. Formerly the department training manager he also regularly speaks to external audiences and writes articles on new developments.
Examples of experience include:
- Internet services company on claim that search optimisation services failed to deliver business growth sought
- Bulk communications distribution firm on issues arising from mixing client communications address lists leading to sensitive information being sent to wrong recipients
- Leading solicitor practice on claim for inadequate advice in M&A transaction leading to large shareholder claims
- Claims from multiple clients alleging inappropriate investment advice in relation to high risk classes of investment products leading to £m's of losses
- Policy coverage for insurers of top level football club after televised matches cancelled due to defective building works at stadium.