Appointed to the federal bench by President Ronald Reagan in 1982, becoming one of the youngest federal judges in the country, Judge Frank Bullock presided over hundreds of cases, many of national interest, and earned the respect of attorneys across the nation. He is now using those skills in private practice, concentrating on dispute resolution and case assessment and strategy.
Judge Bullock has been a panelist in over 200 arbitrations and mediations, and has been a single arbitrator and a member of panels applying the patent and business laws of China, Japan, Australia, and the European Union, with case values over $1 billion.His experience includes antitrust and unfair trade practices under US and European Union law, air disasters, securities regulations, energy exploration, and Thoroughbred horse racing.
Frank has served as a panelist in disputes before the London Court of International Arbitration, the International Chamber of Commerce, the International Center for Dispute Resolution, and the International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Judge Bullock provides an instant resource to the firm on questions of federal practice and procedure and matters of international arbitration.
- Standing Committee on the Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Judicial Conference of the United States, 1996-2003
- Former Chair, Continuing Legal Education Programs for Judges in the Fourth Circuit
- Participating arbitrator, American Arbitration Association, Federal Arbitration, Inc.; Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Judicial Panel & Panel of Distinguished Neutrals, International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution.
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Antitrust Law, Appellate Practice, Arbitration, Commercial Litigation, Mediation, 2009 – Present
- Super Lawyers Honoree, 2010, 2011