Josie specialises in non-contentious construction work. She has experience of acting for a wide range of clients including retailers, landlords, tenants, lenders and developers/investors. Josie's experience includes drafting, negotiating and advising on bespoke and standard form construction contracts, professional appointments and collateral warranties as well as preparing due diligence reports on construction packages that relate to the acquisition, disposal and refinancing of commercial properties and developments.
Josie qualified as a solicitor in 2000 and prior to joining Womble Bond Dickinson, was a senior defendant insurance litigator acting for nationwide transportation and logistics clients.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Local authorities on the acquisition of large commercial properties in Birmingham, Sutton and Carshalton for their property portfolios.
- Nationwide and brand name retailers and leisure companies on various acquisition and extension projects for new and existing stores/outlets, to include drafting and negotiating the construction agreements.
- Developers and investors on the acquisition, disposal and re-financing of their portfolio of properties.
- Banks and lenders on financing transactions, to include major high street banks and bespoke property development lenders on a wide range of construction projects from large commercial units to housing developments. Recently represented a Swiss bank on a £60 million development loan for a large residential project in London.
- A large hotel group on the construction agreements to create a new hotel in London to form part of a worldwide chain of themed hotels, to include drafting and negotiating the professional consultant appointments.
- Prepared the suite of construction agreements for use by a large local University for the development of a new indoor sports centre.
- Acted for a large DIY retailer on various projects including the contracts required for the development of a new express store in London.