Jodie specialises in real estate disputes and litigation. She has a wealth of experience in a wide range of property disputes and portfolio management, dealing with both commercial and residential landlord and tenant matters, as well as advising on general property issues for a wide range of clients in retail and other sectors.
Jodie regularly deals with Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 matters, lease renewals, break options, breach of lease covenants, rent arrears and possession and trespass claims. Jodie is also experienced in advising on complex general property matters including restrictive covenants, easements, adverse possession and boundary disputes.
Jodie's extensive experience enables her to take into account commercial objectives and advise on how these can be realised. She has experience of advising in relation to both property management and litigated matters. She has considerable litigation experience, including in the High Court, Court of Appeal and First Tier Tribunal.
Examples of experience include:
- Acting for national retailers in lease renewal proceedings and the service of statutory notices
- Advising landlords on and effecting forfeiture of commercial premises
- Negotiating settlement on behalf of tenants whose landlords have failed to comply with lease covenants
- Acting for tenants and sub-tenants in disputes relating to landlords' refusal to consent to the assignment of leases
- Advising developers on the impact of restrictive covenants which may impact potential developments
- Bringing successful court proceedings in a claim for a prescriptive right of way
- Successfully defending first tier tribunal proceedings following a determined boundary application
- Successfully defended a claim for a beneficial interest in property based on an a constructive trust
- Made a successful application to strike out an occupiers defence in a dispute over the ownership of land.