Jennifer Collins is a business litigator focused on helping commercial clients to navigate business disputes. Her experience in complex litigation includes defending class actions and multi-district litigation (MDL). She has represented manufacturers and healthcare companies with facilities across the United States, regional and national banks, as well as multinational firms seeking efficient and practical solutions. Her practice emphasizes understanding the needs of the industry leaders and helping them to analyze risk in a competitive and evolving landscape.
Jennifer has represented clients in matters involving corporate investigatory and employment matters, antitrust and unfair competition, fraud and civil RICO, trade secrets, unfair and deceptive trade practices, insurance coverage, breach of warranty/UCC disputes, and earn-out and post-transaction disputes. She has also represented building products manufacturers in product liability class actions.
With the Financial Services Litigation Team, Jennifer represents national banks, servicers, and FinTech providers in commercial and consumer litigation. She serves as a team lead for the Consumer Finance Litigation Team and defends consumer finance litigation under the FDCPA, FCRA, TILA, and RESPA, mortgage and foreclosure matters, real estate and title disputes, and lender liability claims. Her experience also includes defending lender-placed insurance and security deed cancellation putative class actions.
Honors and Awards
Selected to the Georgia Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) in Business Litigation, Class Action/Mass Torts, 2010 – 2011, 2014 – Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Counsel to building products manufacturer in defeating of class certification in 10-state MDL putative consumer class action.
- Counsel to financial institution client in case before the Georgia Supreme Court establishing no state law cause of action against bank for privacy claims.
- Obtained dismissals of class actions against mortgage lenders.
- Counsel to manufacturer in multi-state distribution dispute and civil RICO claims.
- Counsel to Swiss-based manufacturer in dispute with US retailer.
- Counsel to Belgian-based supplier in dispute with US distributor.
- Counsel to multinational technology company on employee theft matter