Jemma is a specialist enfranchisement solicitor, providing advice under the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 and Leasehold Reform Act 1967, as well as transactions outside of the statutory regime.
In addition, Jemma also advises on a number of ancillary matters to enfranchisement claims and has nine years post qualification experience.
Examples of experience include:
- Working as in-house Counsel for one of the largest freeholders in the UK with sole responsibility for statutory lease extensions and collective enfranchisements
- Working as in-house Solicitor for a large Managing Agent, advising on a wide range of matters
- Supervising the granting of Deeds of Variation, Deeds of Surrender & Re-Grants and Licences
- Advising in connection with Right to Manage claims under the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002, and responding to the same
- Dealing with lease extensions outside of the statutory regime, from instruction to completion
- Advising in relation to possible airspace development, and the legal framework relating to such
- Considering and advising in relation to intended/possible freehold and leasehold acquisitions.