Jamie has been with the Projects & Procurement Team at Womble Bond Dickinson since 2015 and is due to start his training contract with the firm in 2018. He supports the property team on the public sector projects and education work. The majority of the work he does is for local authorities, NHS trusts, schools and colleges.
Jamie's primary roles include, carrying out due diligence, preparing reports and drafting and completing various legal documents. He is also responsible for investigating and advising on property searches, title issues and insurance needs. Consequently, Jamie has a sound understanding of HM Land Registry and a strong link with insurance and search providers. He has also taken the lead on disposals of land on behalf of local councils, which involves drafting and negotiating transaction documents.
- Education and Skills Funding Agency on numerous Free School, UTC, Studio School and Priority School Building Programme property matters
- Academy trusts, school governing bodies and third party land owners on various property issues involved in academy conversions
- Diocesan bodies in relation to various property matters
- Local authorities on acquisitions and disposals of land; and
- Universities on acquisitions of land.