Jamie is a solicitor in our Projects & Procurement Team. He has experience advising a wide array of public sector clients, including central and local government, academy trusts, schools and NHS trusts. He provides advice on a range of issues related to large scale projects and complex commercial contracts. He is also a member of the sub-team that advises both public and private sector clients on heat network projects. Jamie mainly operates in the education, energy, waste and health sectors.
Jamie joined Womble Bond Dickinson in 2015 as a paralegal, before undertaking his Training Contract with the firm. He has worked across a number of sectors during his time at the firm, including spending six months on secondment to a leading global chemical company.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Department for Education on the extension to the existing delivery contract for the Erasmus+ Programme and the new Turing Scheme delivery contract
- Advising on existing PFI projects, including work for East Lancashire Hospitals Trust and the Ministry of Justice
- Newcastle City Council on a variation to a concession agreement in respect of certain leisure facilities
- Supporting local authorities and private clients on waste projects, including Dover District Council and Folkestone & Hythe District Council
- HM Courts & Tribunal Services (HMCTS) on the pre-expiry reviews of a number of its early multi-site courthouse PFI projects, identifying the various contractual provisions that HMCTS need to be aware of and manage in the period up to expiry
- City of York Council on its provision of a new community stadium (housing both York City FC and York Knights Rugby League Club).