* Mr. Steffey is not licensed to practice law in Virginia. His activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law in Virginia.
Jacob Steffey is a corporate attorney that provides counsel to public and private companies on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, including business formation, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, equity and debt financings, compliance and corporate governance. He has experience drafting and negotiating various transaction documents, including asset and stock purchase agreements, subscription agreements, stockholders’ agreements, lease agreements, redemption agreements, management agreements, escrow agreements, platform service agreements, SAFE agreements and legal opinions.
Jacob also advises and assists clients on a variety of legal matters in the fast paced and emerging world of esports and daily fantasy sports (DFS). Prior to joining the firm Jacob externed for the Honorable John E. Hoffman, Jr. on the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio as well as in the Office of the Speaker of the Ohio House of Representatives.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Drafted and negotiated equity purchase and asset purchase agreements (and related ancillary documents) in connection with privately owned business acquisitions and dispositions
- Managed business restructuring of an environmental and economic development company to revise its operational structure and facilitate its desired growth
- Prepared 50 State DFS registration and licensing survey for newly launched gaming client
- Advised clients across a broad spectrum of industries on various elements of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)