Helen is a Managing Associate specialising in construction and engineering and professional indemnity dispute resolution. She has acted for insurers, employers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants on a variety of construction and engineering and professional indemnity disputes, including energy, waste, transport, hospitals, residential, educational and commercial projects.
Helen has experience of all the main standard contract forms, including NEC, JCT, IChemE, FIDIC, DOM/2 and GC Works, as well as PFI projects and bespoke contractual arrangements.
Helen provides advice on a wide range of issues, including defects, delay, payments, professional negligence and general contractual advice. As well as providing behind the scenes pre-action advice, Helen also advises on all the major forms of formal dispute resolution mechanisms, including adjudication, mediation, expert determination, arbitration and litigation.
Helen regularly publishes articles in the legal press and is a member of the Society of Construction Law.
- Acting for a main contractor in relation to unpaid invoices, including commencing adjudication and subsequent successful enforcement proceedings
- Acting for a FM Contractor on a multi-party multi-million pound dispute in relation to fire stopping at a hospital PFI project
- Acting for a national main contractor in defending a multi-party multi-million pound claim in the TCC in relation to the design and installation of the heating and ventilation system at a Sixth Form College
- Acting for a national main contractor on a multi-party multi-million pound dispute regarding works carried out to a harbour and costs associated with delays and disrupted working
- Acting for a main contractor on a multi-party multi-million pound dispute regarding allegedly defective piling works
- Defending a firm of surveyors against a claim brought by an employer in relation to an allegedly negligent failure to issue relevant payment notices
- Acting for ProjectCo in an expert determination and follow-on commercial negotiations on issues surrounding deductions and the payment mechanism in a hospital PFI contract
- Acting for national energy client in relation to a multi-million pound defects claim against a design and build contractor, including court proceedings and multiple adjudications.