Hardin Halsey is a transactional attorney who handles a variety of complex real estate and real estate finance transactions for life insurance companies, banks and other institutions. Clients and fellow lawyers alike call on Hardin for his innovative and practical approach to solving problems that arise in their matters. Hardin is known for assembling efficient teams of lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants to address the due diligence, documentation and other complex issues in a timely, cost-effective manner that meets the client’s expectations for quality and service.
Hardin has extensive experience in representing institutional lenders in real estate finance transactions secured by a variety of property types. He started the firm’s Timberland Resources Industry Group, which represents clients in large timberland transactions. He also represents agricultural investors and lenders on farmland transactions. Hardin has developed substantial experience in dealing with troubled loans and loan workouts including foreclosures and receiverships. During economic downturns, he applies this experience, working closely with creditors’ rights and bankruptcy attorneys to resolve issues.
Hardin is a member of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys and the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. He also serves on the executive board of the Old Hickory Council of the Boy Scouts of America. Hardin grew up in the mountains of southwest Virginia and has a keen interest in river, forestland and farmland conservation.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented co-lenders in $177.9 million loan secured by multiple office buildings and related facilities located in an office park, Alpharetta, Georgia.
- Represented lender in $559.5 million loan secured by 17 retail properties located in 11 states.
- Represented institutional lender in $345.6 million loan secured by multiple office buildings and hotel facilities in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Represented institutional lender in $150 million loan secured by air space rights and related hotel property in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Represented institutional lender in $100 million loan secured by a high-rise apartment and condominium facility located in Charlotte, North Carolina.