Clark Spencer is an associate in the Corporate and Securities Group and a member of the Public Company Advisors Team. His practice is focused on the representation of public companies in securities transactions (including initial public offerings and private placements of both equity and debt securities), mergers and acquisitions, SEC reporting and compliance issues, corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Womble Bond Dickinson, Clark worked as an associate in the Capital Markets practice of the New York office of a UK-based international law firm.
Clark has represented both issuers and underwriters in public and private securities transactions in the financial services, manufacturing, transportation, aircraft leasing, construction materials and real estate investment industries. He also has experience in representing a variety of clients in conducting reviews of annual, quarterly and periodic reports, registration statements and proxy statements; facilitating tender and exchange offers, shelf registrations and continuous “at-themarket” offerings; and advising on Section 16 compliance matters.
Certified in Business German by the French-German Chamber of Commerce (WiDAF level B2), 2009
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Issuer’s counsel to a construction materials company on the registration and offering of $1 billion and $400 million of debt securities in separate transactions.
- Initial purchasers’ counsel in connection with the private placement of $700 million of unsecured notes of an aircraft leasing company.
- Issuer’s counsel to the first South American airline to register and issue enhanced equipment trust certificates in connection with their $1 billion exchange offer.
- Underwriters’ counsel in connection with the initial public offering of $239 million of common stock of a real estate investment trust that invests in medical properties.
- Issuer’s counsel in connection with the consent solicitation for the combination of five externally managed closed end funds that originate, fund and structure real estate-related loan assets and the concurrent private placement of $100 million of units of the surviving fund.