Erik Chamberlin is an attorney in our capital markets group with several years of experience working on corporate and finance-related matters. Erik has a wide range of experience representing lenders, borrowers, issuers, and underwriters in a variety of financing structures. He represents clients through all stages of a transaction, including drafting and negotiating transaction documents and guiding them through the closing process. Erik is especially adept at engaging with clients and other deal parties to ensure the quality of service delivered meets the client’s expectations.
Prior to joining Womble, Erik practiced at large international firms in New York where he represented major commercial banks, investment managers, public companies, and others in connection with complex securitization and lending transactions in a variety of sectors, such as aviation, electric utilities, automotive fleet management, media/entertainment, and residential mortgage-backed securities.
- Using Special Purpose Credit Programs to Counteract Economic Disparity, Bloomberg Law, September 2021
- "LIBOR Administrator Signals the Phase-Out of LIBOR to Begin in 2022", Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, November 2020
- "Main Street Lending Program Set to Launch - Additional Terms and Guidance Released", Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, June 2020
- "Update to Main Street Lending Program Federal Reserve Announces Revised Terms & FAQs", Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, May 2020
- "Main Street Lending Program: Issues, Questions and Proposed Changes", Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, April 2020
- "In the Context of Corporate Lending, Should Parties Push the Pause Button?", Womble Bond Dickinson Client Alert, March 2020
Honors and Awards
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings) in the field of Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2021 - Present