Elizabeth acts on a range of agricultural and rural property matters including; buying and selling rural land, agricultural tenancy agreements (and other types of rights, such as profits and grazing agreements), sporting, residential and business tenancies and leases of rights, options and easements. She also has experience of providing specialist rural property or agricultural input on larger, commercial deals.
Elizabeth acts for a number of large, landed Estates, on an on-going basis as well as for smaller owner-occupied estates, often on a more ad hoc basis. In addition, the work above frequently entails land registration and title work and as such, means that she often works together with the private wealth team.
Aside from private landowners, Elizabeth has considerable experience acting for institutional landowners, such as the National Trust and other charities.
- Voluntary first registration of landed estate comprising ca 18,000 acres in Northumberland and Cumbria, including separate registration of sporting rights and mines and minerals at the Land Registry
- Working with private wealth team to document re-arrangements of AHA 1986 Tenancies and FBTs, to maximise IHT relief for various landowners
- Option agreement and commercial lease of visitor centre car park and and related amenities, to be operated with joint input and funding from the National Trust, NNPA and English Heritage
- Acting for various landowners, in relation to the CPO of land by the Secretary of State for Transport, for the A1 upgrade works
- Legal charge of a portfolio of properties worth over £7 million and related assent of a portfolio of properties worth over £14m, forming part of a larger landed Estate.