Don Donadio co-founded Womble Carlyle’s economic development practice more than three decades ago. Today, Don continues to actively help companies secure state, county, and city economic development incentives such as tax credits, cash grants, and infrastructure improvements for the development or expansion of industrial and commercial projects.
Don’s work with clients includes drafting and reviewing economic development agreements, negotiating incentives, assisting companies with their utility service arrangements and working with them to ensure that economic development strategies fit into their overall business plan. Don organizes and manages teams of Womble Carlyle attorneys and other professionals providing assistance with incentives, site acquisition, land use, permitting and construction, environmental matters, water, sewer and energy issues and government relations.
In addition, Don advises counties and cities on economic development matters, including incentives policies and site development issues.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Principal on a team of Womble Carlyle attorneys that successfully completed the location of three of the largest data centers developed in the United States over the last five years. Don drafted or assisted in drafting local incentives agreements and negotiated electric service agreements with the region’s largest electric power provider.
- Lead attorney on negotiating state and local incentives in excess of $40,000,000 in connection with the location of a biomanufacturing plant to serve the state’s largest biopharmaceutical company. In addition to the work on incentives Don managed a team that provided real estate, land use, utilities, state and local tax and construction services in connection with the $380,000,000 project.
- Represented one of the world’s largest consumer products companies in expanding a customer service call center in Piedmont North Carolina.
- Represented The Cheesecake Factory Bakery Incorporated in the selection and acquisition of a site and the negotiation of cash and other economic development incentives in connection with the development of a commercial bakery.
- Served as principal attorney in representing Reliance Industries, India’s largest private company, in its efforts to locate a specialty plastic products facility in the United States.