Cynthia’s practice includes corporate formation and governance issues and commercial real estate transactions, including, leases, purchases, sales and borrowing. Cynthia has prepared restrictive covenants for numerous residential housing communities in the Charleston area and has prepared and reviewed horizontal property regime documents for residential and commercial condominium developments.
As counsel for lenders, owners and developers, she has been involved in many multi-million dollar residential and office developments in South Carolina both as lead counsel and as local counsel for out-of-state lenders and borrowers.
- Junior Achievement of Greater South Carolina, Lowcountry Advisory Board, 2019-Present
- South Carolina Bar Association, Corporate Banking and Securities Law Section Council, 2017-Present
- Charleston CREW Network, Founding Member and Board Member, 2009-2011; President elect, 2012; President, 2013; Advisory Committee 2020
- Network of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW Network), Member at Large, 2004-2009
- One80 Place, Advancement Committee Member, 2016-2019
- Riley Institute Diversity Fellow, SC Diversity Leaders Initiative Lowcountry Class X, 2015
- Charleston Trident Association of REALTORS® (Commercial Investment Division), Associate Member 2010-2012
- Friends of the Charleston County Library, Past President
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law, 2013 - Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Assisted Daniel Island Company and Carnes Crossroads in the subdivision, planning, financing and sale of land for commercial and residential uses in a developments of over 2,000 acres in Berkeley County, South Carolina.
- Represented clients in the creation of horizontal property regime for the development and sale of residential and commercial condominium units.
- Represented several housing developers in the creation of restrictive covenants for residential housing communities in the Charleston area.
- Assisted clients in the closing of commercial loans with local and national lenders.
- Represented tenants and landlords in commercial lease negotiations.