Clare is a technology solicitor in our digital team. She joined the team in September 2022 having trained and qualified with the firm.
Clare has worked on a broad range of IT and technology projects, from outsourcing and development projects to software licencing and support and maintenance.
Clare was recently seconded to one of the UK's leading insurance companies where she worked as part of the wider Womble Bond Dickinson team advising on a major IT outsourcing / transformation project.
This project involved advising on the UK financial services regulatory framework which regulated entities must comply with when entering into contracts for a critical outsourcing.
Given the natural data implications in this type of work, Clare also has experience in assessing data protection compliance issues. Additionally, Clare has experience in more general commercial matters.
During her training contract, Clare completed a commercial secondment at a global ice cream manufacturer in which she advised the business on competition related matters, compliance with sanction regimes, as well as more routine commercial contracts.
Clare is a member of the Society for Computers and Law.
Examples of experience include:
- Advising a leading UK insurance company on its IT outsourcing arrangements relating to service integration and management, infrastructure management and application design and maintenance, including the offshoring of various services to India
- Working with a household name cosmetics company on the negotiation of its c.£100m global IT outsourcing of ADAM and infrastructure services
- Negotiation of a software licence for a key cloud based management solution for a major UK insurer, as well as the negotiation of the associated framework agreement dealing with the implementation of such solution
- Advising a UK holiday park operator on its commercial contracts in relation to the roll-out of on park Wifi
- Advising a private equity company on the review of its target company's commercial contracts, the target business being an award-winning educational technology platform.