Chris provides practical advice to lenders in a variety of commercial finance transactions, including asset-based lending, syndicated facilities, and factoring arrangements. In addition, Chris frequently helps financial institutions, commercial mortgage-backed securities servicers and distressed debt investors efficiently resolve complex distressed loans, in and out of bankruptcy.
Chris’ broad base of finance and insolvency experience allows him to spot obstacles and adjust before they sink the deal.
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association
Honors and Awards
- Received the 2019 Best Lawyers™ Bankruptcy Litigation "Lawyer of the Year" award in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Litigation - Intellectual Property, Litigation - Patent, Patent Law, Trademark Law, 2010 – Present
- Selected to the North Carolina Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers, 2016 – 2018
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Advise lenders on asset-based finance transactions with a variety of collateral types.
- Advise lenders in syndicated credit facilities.
- Represented a sophisticated financial institution in work-out of distressed asset-based loan with obligors and collateral in the United States, England, and Hong Kong, including forbearance and modification documentation.
- Represent a leading CMBS servicer in numerous foreclosures and receiverships throughout the Southeastern United States for properties in the retail, office, hotel, industrial and storage sectors.
- Advised a construction aggregate producer as purchaser of real estate assets in sale pursuant to Bankruptcy Code § 363.
- Counsel a major manufacturing company about likely consequences in the event its vendors or business partners become insolvent or file for bankruptcy.
- Defended numerous lenders and servicers in complex bankruptcy litigation.