Christine’s practice focuses on intellectual property matters with a special emphasis in the areas of licensing and trademark prosecution. Her practice includes advising large multinational clients in the management and implementation of worldwide licensing programs having over 15 years of experience negotiating domestic and international license agreements, providing advice on methods of monetizing clients’ IP portfolios and assisting in the expansion of companies’ brands into new categories that complement the client’s core product base. She also provides global strategic branding guidance by identifying, protecting and preserving clients’ intellectual property assets with a particular emphasis in worldwide trademark portfolio management. Christine counsels clients on the adoption and prosecution of trademarks domestically and worldwide and assists clients in domestic and international enforcement of trademarks using an extensive network of foreign trademark associates.
Civic and Professional Activities
- International Trademark Association Member
- Board Member, Youth Opportunities - Non-Profit Organization (2008-present)
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Manage the global trademark portfolios of multiple companies including well-known brands in the leisure sports, furniture, apparel and beverage industries, including a special practice emphasis working with software/technology/IoT based companies, particularly those located in Silicon Valley.
- Represents a Fortune 500 apparel company in its domestic and international licensing matters.
- Regularly advises clients on the use of third party rights in advertising/marketing programs and negotiates agreements involving celebrity spokesperson arrangements, publicity rights, copyrights and special co-branding opportunities.
- Provides hands-on training and educational presentations to clients’ marketing, licensing, business development and branding (non-attorney) professionals.
- Former General Counsel for YellowPages.com, advised on intellectual property, corporate, commercial, employment, strategic partnerships, mergers and acquisitions and internet issues.