Christian is a legal director in the property risks team, who acts on behalf of large corporates and major insurance companies in respect of property damage claims.
He has over 16 years' litigation experience and specialises in complex and high value litigation arising out of a variety of risks across property, casualty and financial lines. His expertise covers property damage arising from fires, floods, defective premises and subsidence as well as product liability and professional indemnity claims.
As well as dealing with all aspects of litigation, Christian has significant experience of handling claims in the Technology & Construction Court, mediations and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution. He is also a trained mediator.
Examples of experience include:
- Pursuing a negligent contractor for losses arising out of a gas explosion at a block of flats
- Pursuing a negligent manufacturer following a factory fire caused by a defective laser cutting apparatus
- Pursuing a negligent contractor for losses arising from an escape of water at a flagship office block in the City of London
- Acting for Insurers in connection with a substantial mortgage fraud to secure a contribution from a firm of financial advisers
- Pursuing a negligent manufacturer in Spain for substantial losses incurred due to the supply of defective steel used in the construction of a sub-sea gas installation.