Charlotte advises on the delivery of infrastructure and regeneration projects, specialising in compulsory acquisition. She has advised clients on compulsory purchase orders, development consent orders, section 106 agreements and section 278 agreements. Charlotte has advised both private and public sector clients.
Charlotte's experience of advising on major infrastructure projects includes advising promoters on compulsory acquisition to deliver energy schemes such an offshore wind farms both in the development consent order and compulsory purchase order arenas. Charlotte has also advised numerous objectors in relation to Transport and Works Act Orders and compulsory purchase orders.
Charlotte is currently advising on a number of compulsory purchase orders to deliver regeneration benefits.
Charlotte is experienced in negotiating section 106 agreements and section 278 agreements opposite local authorities in tight timeframes.
Charlotte is a member of the Compulsory Purchase Association.
- East Anglia ONE Limited on the compulsory acquisition elements of the development consent order for the East Anglia ONE Offshore Windfarm including advising on the preparation for and attendance at compulsory acquisition hearings, obtaining crown consents and negotiating protective provisions and side agreements with affected statutory undertakers
- DONG Energy Burbo Extension (UK) Limited on the promotion and implementation of a compulsory purchase order to facilitate the construction and operation of the onshore infrastructure (onshore cabling, substation and necessary landfall infrastructure) for the Burbo Bank Extension Offshore Wind Farm project
- Chelverton Deeley Freed in supporting the Council on the promotion of a Compulsory Purchase Order for the retail-led redevelopment of a town centre site, including advising on the compulsory purchase order documentation, negotiations with objectors, preparation of evidence, attending the inquiry and implementing the confirmed compulsory purchase order
- Reading Borough Council on the promotion and implementation of a compulsory purchase order for the delivery of a primary school academy in Reading
- RES Ltd in negotiating a number of section 278 agreements for highway works necessary to deliver their onshore wind farms.