*Celeste Queen is not licensed to practice law. Her activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law in the firm’s Winston-Salem office.
Celeste is a Senior Nurse Consultant with extensive experience analyzing medical issues surrounding liability and damage claims on behalf of clients involved in personal injury/wrongful death litigation. She has nearly 40 years of experience, including patient care in hospital and home care settings and as a critical care nurse with the US Army in Germany. Celeste joined the Firm as a nurse analyst in 2001.
Her litigation-related work has covered a wide range of injuries: death, neurologic and CNS damage, liver, blood and kidney injury, cancers, lung damage, heart and vascular damage, eye injuries. Celeste enjoys working with attorneys to frame expert defenses, and is particularly adept at communicating complex medical information.
She also has a background in nursing management and hospital/nursing education, having served as director of staff development for a community hospital. Celeste holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from Madonna University in Livonia, Michigan, and a Master’s Degree in Nursing from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Celeste has conducted medical analyses and helped clients and their trial teams formulate medical defenses in a wide variety of industries, including:
- Analyzed medical records for a national freight shipping company to identify pre-existing medical conditions to mitigate damages.
- Analyzed medical information regarding perchloroethylene (“PCE”) contamination in West Virginia for multiple defendants.
- Analyzed and categorized key medical information in cases in state and federal courts throughout the country against pharmaceutical companies by persons claiming injury for ingestion of a product containing phenylpropanolamine.
- Assisted attorneys in the defense of a pharmaceutical company in the “Fen-Phen” diet drug litigation alleging primary pulmonary hypertension and cardiac valve disease by synthesizing medical information and drafting thematic defense points for attorney examinations of plaintiffs and expert witnesses in depositions.
- Extracted significant case facts pertaining to children and adults to defend allegations of lead paint exposure for a leading paint manufacturer.