Casey joined the firm in September 2014 as part of the Flex team as a paralegal. She successfully transitioned into the Commercial Disputes and Regulatory team where she was promoted to associate paralegal.
Casey specialised in Debt Recovery, in advising a major client within the public sector and a number of key clients within the private sector. She had conduct of a range of case files from energy, to transport and the financial sector.
Following Casey obtaining her PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification in October 2017, she progressed into a project management role within the Legal Solutions Centre. She effectively manages both client facing and internal projects. In addition to project managing, she offers technical support and capabilities for several advanced technologies including Exari and HighQ.
She is involved in a variety of networks including Devon Key Markets, the Women’s Network and Plymouth Junior Professionals.
Examples of experience include:
- Preparing and maintaining project plans and scope containing project phases and timelines to ensure client expectations of deadlines, budget and deliverables are met.
- Analysing, streamlining and producing workflow diagrams for various clients.
- Proactively identifying and reporting on Risk and Issues within projects and ability to anticipate alternative solutions
- Developing, refining and maintaining of HighQ sites for internal and external clients.
- Authoring and automating documents for the streamlining of working practices on large projects.
- Advising a public sector client in relation to:
- Unpaid invoices for the goods and services for the infrastructure industry;
- Unpaid rent, insurance contributions, service charge and licence fees for the property sector; and
- Salary overpayments and sponsorship fees for human resources in the employment sector.
- Providing a financial services client advice in relation to commission overpayments.
- Advising a client in the energy sector in relation to volume debt recovery instructions and establishing liability.
- Supervising, training and coaching junior colleagues.
- Drafting pleadings and routine Court filings to progress matters from commencement to conclusion (including instructions to counsel, bundles for trial and drafting statements of costs).