Caroline joined the firm in 2017 and specialises in commercial property disputes, advising both landlords and tenants on a variety of matters including:
- Opposed and unopposed commercial lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 (LTA 1954)
- Dilapidations claims
- Break notices
- Debt recovery including under Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery (CRAR) procedures
- Possession claims including against trespassers.
Examples of experience include advising:
- The UK's largest listed specialist residential landlord on recovering possession of commercial premises from squatters
- A landlord in relation to the successful recovery of arrears from a sub-tenant using CRAR procedures
- A London-based charity on recovering vacant possession of two large mixed use buildings, enabling the charity to proceed with a redevelopment project at its site in East London
- A landlord in relation to an opposed lease renewal claim which resulted in an order for possession under the LTA 1954 following trial
- National retailers and investors on issues arising from lease renewals and terminations under the LTA 1954.