Carla specialises in residential property litigation. She regularly acts for private landlords in relation to possession claims pursuant to section 21 of the Housing Act 1988 and section 8 of the Housing Act 1988 on grounds of rent arrears. Carla also acts for social housing clients in recovering possession of residential property, predominantly on grounds of anti-social behaviour. Carla's experience of possession claims is inclusive of claims against trespassers.
Carla also assists with commercial property litigation, namely in forfeiture proceedings and the drafting and service of notices under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
Carla is a member of the committee for the Junior Lawyer Division North East.
Examples of experience include:
- Acting for private landlords in the recovery of possession of residential property on no fault grounds and grounds of rent arrears
- Acting for social housing clients in the recovery of possession of residential property on grounds of anti-social behaviour
- Possession claims against trespassers
- Assisting with forfeiture proceedings
- Service of notices pursuant to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.