Bouba focuses on both transactional and dispute construction matters, primarily in the negotiation and drafting of construction documents such as JCT, NEC and other bespoke forms of building contracts, design team appointments and collateral warranties. During his training contract with the firm, Bouba completed a six-month client secondment where he gained experience in the manufacturing and chemical sector. Bouba previously completed a 12-month internship at a global energy company prior to commencing at the firm, gaining experience in the renewable energy sector.
Bouba is a Diversity and Inclusion Representative at Womble Bond Dickinson where he actively supports the firm to maintain a positive and inclusive working environment. Bouba is a part of the firm's WBD REACH network steering group, aimed at opening up dialogue around racial issues alongside participating in early careers initiatives to encourage and support black and minority ethnic students with entering the legal profession.
Bouba is a fluent French speaker.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Education and Skills Funding Agency on various projects under the Free School and PSBP Programmes including drafting JCT Design and Build contracts, Pre-Construction Service Agreements and collateral warranties
- Department for Education in respect of preparing contractor and consultant collateral warranties for various school schemes
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs in respect of preparing a Programme management appointment, involving the review and incorporation of CCS framework call-off and considering pragmatic amendments due to the recent Construction Playbook
- Local Authorities in respect of preparing collateral warranties and reviewing contract documentation for a district heat network scheme
- Durham City Council on the use of Project Bank Accounts on current and future construction projects.