Azmol is a solicitor within the Agriculture, Farms and Estates team based in the Bristol office. Specialising in agricultural and rural property work, he acts for a variety of clients, which include farmers, landowners, charities and landed estates. Due to the varying nature of the clients’ needs, he has a good grounding in traditional residential and commercial property work but also has experience in more bespoke transactions. He deals with conditional contracts and overage documentation, which forms part of the development work he undertakes. Amongst his commercial experience includes instructions on major refinancing work where agricultural land is offered as security. His work generally includes first registrations applications of unregistered land and estates, including mineral and manorial right, granting of easements, licences and farm business tenancies. Having experience in nurturing relationships with stakeholders such as accountants, surveyors and land agents, he is able to provide a commercially focussed service which produces good customer outcomes.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Acted for a landowner in the sale of a substantial farm estate, which involved dealing with multiple leases affecting the land and overage provisions to ensure the client benefits from future planning permissions granted. Other challenges included dealing with agricultural planning permission ties and titles issues such as historic unknown restrictive covenants
- Acted for executors seeking to register and assent Estate property. As well as ensuring the necessary title deeds are in order, this required close liaison with private client colleagues to ensure trust property is dealt with correctly
- Acted for an educational charitable trust which owns land that is being developed under a building licence agreement. This required negotiating a wide variety of infrastructure agreements and substation transfers
- Acted for a landlord negotiating multiple telecoms leases which required understanding the new telecoms code to ensure that the client’s interests are protected
- Acted for both landowners and estates in multi-million refinancing where agricultural land is offered as security, which involved challenging legal issues affecting the security land to be dealt with.