Ashley specialises in a wide range of real estate disputes acting for various stakeholders including investors, developers, house-builders, institutional landlords, retailers, real estate investment trusts (REITs), individuals, privately owned companies and plcs.
Ashley's experience includes all aspects of property litigation including:
- Interim and terminal dilapidations claims
- Opposed and unopposed lease renewal matters
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Rent and service charge arrears
- Break notices
- Rights of way and boundary disputes.
Ashley advocates an approach of pro-active risk management when dealing with any property disputes to ensure that his clients commercial objectives are achieved whilst also mitigating any risk to their interests.
Examples of experience include:
- Acting for REITs and institutional landlords in various high value terminal dilapidations claims including the management of proceedings and alternative dispute resolution (including mediation)
- Acting on behalf of landlords in relation to a number of high value interim dilapidations claim which have included the commencement of proceedings, interim injunction applications and have resulted in tenants carrying out significant programmes of works
- Acting on behalf of site providers in relation to:
- Securing the removal of telecommunications equipment and apparatus under the New and Old Electronic Communications Code through the service of notices and subsequent proceedings in the County Court and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)
- Advising site providers when operators have sought the acquisition of interim and permanent rights under the New Electronic Communications Code.
- Advising developers and house-builders on various issues including overage agreements, easements and boundary disputes
- Acting for landlords and property funds in relation to various estate management issues including opposed and unopposed lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and landlord and tenant disputes
- Serving break notices on behalf of landlords and tenants and advising on the validity of break notices
- Advising on restrictive covenants, trespass, and forfeiture.