*Dr. Chen is not licensed to practice law in Massachusetts. His activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law in Massachusetts.
Andy Chen is a skilled patent agent with a background in molecular and cell biology, microbiology and label-free imaging techniques. He has experience in the preparation and prosecution of patents involving antibodies, gene therapy, vaccines, RNAi, biologics therapy, bioprocessing and nanoparticles. He regularly drafts and responds to domestic and international Office Actions and is trained on freedom-to-operate, due diligence and patentability search.
Andy has conducted research at several universities including Boston University Photonics Center, Purdue University Life Sciences Department and the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Prior to joining Womble, Andy worked as a patent agent at a national law firm in its biotech patent prosecution group.
- Author, “Quantitative imaging of intraerythrocytic hemozoin by transient absorption microscopy,” J. of Biomedical Optics, 2019
- Author, “Fingerprint Stimulated Raman Scattering Imaging Reveals Retinoid Coupling Lipid Metabolism and Survival,” ChemPhysChem, 2018
- Author, “Label-Free Imaging of Heme Dynamics in Living Organisms by Transient Absorption Microscopy,” Analytical Chemistry, 2018
- Author, “Stimulated Raman spectroscopic imaging by microsecond delay-line tuning,” Optica, 2016
- Author, “A Novel Link Between Fic-mediated Adenylyation/AMPylation and the Unfolded Protein Response,” The Journals of Biological Chemistry, 2015
- Author, “YAP/TEAD-Mediated Transcription Controls Cellular Senescence,” Cancer Research, 2013
- Author, “Post-translational Regulation of FOXO,” Acta Biochim Biophys Sinica, 2012