With more than 30 years of experience and a member of the firm’s Impact Investing Team, Andy is a trusted corporate and securities advisor to growing companies, particularly in government contracting and technology sectors.
Andy’s clients operate around the globe; he regularly advises companies throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, China and Australia for corporate matters involving cybersecurity, government services and contracting, telecommunications, managed services, renewable energy, energy, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, aviation, consumer product and financial technology companies.
In addition to providing general corporate guidance, Andy also assists his clients with a broad variety of transactional support, including venture capital and private equity transactions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and public and private securities offerings.
Deal Strategies for Venture Capital and Private Equity Lawyers: Representing Companies on the Receiving End, Aspatore Books, 2007
Civic and Professional Activities
- Member, The District of Columbia Bar
- Member, The Virginia Bar Association
- Executive Committee Member, MIT Enterprise Forum - DC Chapter, 2014-present
- Member, Board of Directors, Washington DC ArchAngels, 2010-present
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, 2006 – Present
- Smart CEO Power Players, 2013
- Recognized by Legal 500 United States in the Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts-M&A: Middle-Market (sub-$500m) category
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a provider of cybersecurity solutions to the US federal government in two acquisitions and a joint venture.
- Represented a provider of telecommunications and information technology services to the US federal government in a private equity funded recapitalization.
- Represented a software as a service provider of website monitoring solutions, in its venture capital financing.
- Represented a provider of cybersecurity solutions to the US federal government in it sale to a publically traded company. Represented a manufacturer of a diagnostic tool for diabetic retinopathy, in its venture capital financing.
- Represented various issuers and underwriters in over 80 public or Rule 144A offerings of debt, high-yield debt and equity securities, of which 15 were initial public offerings.