Andrew is a Partner that leads the Financial Services team in Womble Bond Dickinson's Banking and Financial Services team. He specialises in financial services regulation with the largest portion of his practice focusing on retail banking and consumer finance matters.
Andrew's experience includes: issues arising out of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000; the PRA and FCA rules, European regulations and directives including the Capital Requirements Regulation and Capital Requirements Directive IV; regulatory matters applying to consumer credit, regulated mortgages, payment services and the issue of e-money finance; and financial crime.
Andrew has also been involved in a range of outsourcing matters in the retail banking, consumer finance and IFA markets. He has experience in negotiating and drafting outsourcing arrangements with a particular focus on the UK and EU's requirements in material outsourcings.He also has in-house experience, having been a Vice-President in the legal team at Barclays Wealth. His time in-house gave him experience in new product development and managing projects to bring those new products to market.
Andrew acts for a range of firms including banks, insurers, investment firms, fund managers and consumer finance businesses helping them throughout their regulatory and product life cycles.
Examples of experience include advising:
- the internal audit team at TSB Bank PLC on a material outsourcing agreement's compliance with UK regulatory requirements
- Sainsbury's Bank PLC on the documentation for their personal loan's business as part of the wider migration of their outsourced "banking engine" to a new provider.
- Duncan Lawrie Limited on a review and update of its full range of banking and lending products that it offered to its clients. We also advised Duncan Lawrie Limited on a range of issues, including unclaimed balances, as part of the sale and subsequent wind down of its business
- New Look Retailers Limited on the negotiation of the outsourcing of credit services (as part of its store card program) and the supply and operation of staff and VIP discount cards to Ikano Bank, and
- a confidential client on the regulatory perimeter for unregulated collective investment schemes and on its interaction with the FCA following an approach from the enforcement division.
“A broad knowledge and always has references to regulations at his fingertips."