Amanda is an innovative litigator who works to diligently understand her clients’ businesses and issues and provide efficient and effective solutions. Her experience includes representing large and small businesses in contract disputes, business torts, constitutional issues, tax and bankruptcy issues, and antitrust matters in state and federal courts. In addition to helping clients navigate day-to-day business disputes, Amanda has also represented students in Title IX and student conduct proceedings before higher education panels and individuals in criminal matters.
Closer to home, Amanda appears in courts throughout Virginia and enjoys representing individuals and businesses in Charlottesville and throughout central Virginia. Amanda is a member of the firm’s Impact Team, whose mission is to support the growth of businesses and entrepreneurs in the Impact Economy.
Amanda has helped clients through all stages of investigation and litigation, including initial case assessment and strategy, criminal and civil investigations, written discovery, hearings, depositions, and trials. She also has extensive experience in managing electronic discovery, focusing on enhancing efficiencies and reducing client litigation costs.
Amanda maintains an active pro bono practice, assisting individuals and non-profits with projects aimed at reducing domestic violence, increasing civic engagement, and promoting access to justice.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Treasurer, Charlottesville Albemarle Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia, Co-Chair of Litigation Forum, 2013-2014
- Pro Bono Volunteer with the Center for Sustainable Change, Smart Cville, Domestic Violence Legal Empowerment and Appeals Project (DV LEAP), Women Empowered Against Violence (WEAVE), DC Bar Advice and Referral Clinic at Bread for the City, and child support and custody matters
- Charlottesville Women United Together in Philanthropy
- Volunteer with Girls on the Run, DC and Central Virginia Chapters
Honors and Awards
Selected to the Washington, D.C. Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers, 2017, 2018
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Advises clients on antitrust matters and defend companies in antitrust litigation, including claims of monopolization, conspiracy to restrain trade, tying, exclusive dealing, price fixing, bundled discounts and price discrimination.
- Defended students facing Title IX and Code of Conduct violation allegations in school disciplinary proceedings and related civil and criminal matters in state courts, resulting in favorable outcomes for students.
- Represented Italian furniture company in a complex dispute against another Italian furniture company in North Carolina Business Court involving breach of fiduciary duty and self-dealing related to a failed joint venture involving a factory in China; obtained a monetary judgment in favor of client.
- Represented real estate developer in Albemarle County, Virginia; defended the developer against claims of trespass and nuisance involving storm water discharge from the newly constructed shopping center, resulting in dismissal of all claims after trial.
- Defended sweepstakes operator and businesses against charges of money laundering, RICO and civil forfeiture in Florida.