Alison concentrates her intellectual property law practice on patent preparation and prosecution in the fields of chemical engineering and material science. Her practice includes managing and conducting all ranges of patent services, such as patent drafting, patent prosecution including domestic, PCT, and US national stage filings, patentability searches, patent drawings, and patentability analysis.
Alison counsels clients in diverse chemical fields. In particular, she has experience in the fields of filtration products, various innovative materials, manufacturing processes, and chemical compositions. While specializing in the chemical engineering and material science fields, she has successfully procured patent protection for inventions ranging from simple mechanical devices to semiconductors, life sciences, and business method inventions.
Alison’s clients run the gamut from multinational corporations and large research universities to startups and individual inventors. Clients around the world turn to Alison to secure and enforce their intellectual property rights. Alison uses the latest advancements in patent law combined with committed efforts to understand a client’s business to develop and implement creative legal and scientific strategies for her clients.
- Board of Directors, Visual Art Exchange
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Women in Bio, Research Triangle Park (RTP) Chapter
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Has drafted and prosecuted many patent applications worldwide and provided general counseling for one of the largest tobacco companies in the United States.
- Patent counsel for several non-US law firms in connection with the prosecution of patent applications in the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- Prepared and prosecuted domestic and foreign patent applications related to catalyst compositions, tobacco compositions and products, various innovative materials such as nonwoven fabrics, semiconductor devices, mechanical devices, and a wide range of processes.
- Provided claim analysis for several patent infringement lawsuits.