Adam works in our developers and investors team based in Leeds but operates nationally. He specialises in development and retail work and works closely with a diverse range of clients, from developers to local authorities to retailers to charities.
For his developer clients Adam regularly advises on site acquisition, disposal and development work including:
- Option agreements
- Promotion agreements
- Conditional contracts for sale
- Collaboration agreements
- Overage agreements.
He has particular experience in acting for developers/promoters in strategic land acquisitions and promotions relating to residential led mixed used scheme on both brownfield and greenfield sites.
For his retail clients Adam deals with all aspects of leasehold acquisition, disposal and management work. He regularly acts on lease acquisitions for clients in new shopping centres across England and Wales and has particular expertise dealing with “outlet centres”. Adam is the day-to-day client contact for a major global retail organisation and deals with that company’s 165+ lease portfolio.
Examples of experience include advising:
- A local authority on all property aspects of a flagship £650m redevelopment in Leeds city centre
- A development project manager on the disposal of numerous residential-led schemes across England and Wales, in particular a scheme worth in excess of £9 million (additionally including overage and other contingent payments) to a national housebuilder
- A global retail organisation as the day-to-day lead contact for its 165+ lease portfolio, dealing with all aspects of leasehold acquisition, disposal and management work (particularly outlet centre acquisition work)
- On the real estate aspects for a developer in connection with the financing of a new shopping centre development in East Yorkshire
- A national housebuilder on the acquisition of a number of multi-phased residential sites across Yorkshire.