Bond Dickinson has been shortlisted for Corporate Law Firm of the Year at the South West Business Insider Dealmakers Awards 2017.
The awards, which will be held on Thursday 15 June in Bristol, recognise the achievements in the corporate finance community.
Bond Dickinson was shortlisted on the back of its strong track record in advising regional, national and international clients on a broad range of corporate finance transactions.
Deals of note in the past year included:
- handling the disposal of Gillett's (Callington), operator of 63 SPAR stores located throughout the South West
- advising Hydro International on its £28m recommended takeover by Ely Acquisition
- advising Hilco Capital on its acquisition of Staples UK Retail (now rebranded as Office Outlet)
- advising Piper Private Equity, backers of Devon-based Forthglade, the UK's most established maker of natural pet food, on its investment in PROPERCORN, the UK’s fastest growing popcorn brand
- advising Lloyds (re)insurer Sompo Canopius on a number of business disposals
- acting for energy and commodities company Vitol on investments and joint ventures in Africa and Asia.
Tom Fitzpatrick, Corporate Partner at Bond Dickinson, said: "We're delighted to have been shortlisted for this coveted award. It is great to be able to publicise the interesting and quality work we handle from our South West offices for clients based locally and further afield ."
Bond Dickinson has a large base in the South West with offices in Bristol and Plymouth. It is particularly strong in the oil and gas, finance and insurance sectors and in private equity.
In October, the business will become Womble Bond Dickinson when it completes its transatlantic combination with US law firm Womble Carlyle.