There are a number of topical HR issues and legal changes that are highly relevant to the retail sector. This event will give you the chance to focus on the issues that are likely to face your organisation. It will also be a great opportunity to network with some of your peers.
We will be covering various topics:
- Disability discrimination: mental health, hidden disabilities and reasonable adjustments - disability discrimination claims in the employment tribunal have increased by 37% since last year. In this session, we will focus on mental health and conditions such as autism, ADHD, dyslexia and dyspraxia. We will discuss how to support employees with these conditions and look at what adjustments are reasonable.
- Reward and its pitfalls: benefits and reward are central to keeping your workforce motivated and are often viewed as a 'plug and play' issue that can be left to an annual design, benchmarking and review exercise. This session will highlight a number of legal issues that can arise with this approach and the practical governance steps you can take to make sure that your carefully designed benefits package continues to meet your requirements.
- To sponsor or not to sponsor? In this session, we will look at how to decide whether to apply for a sponsor licence. We will also give you an update on Brexit and immigration.
- Case law update - we will take a look at the key employment cases that have been decided in 2019, drawing out what they mean for employers.
- What's in the pipeline - we will examine what's coming up in employment law so that you can plan for the future.
09:00 | registration and refreshments
09:30 | Seminar begins
12:00 | Lunch and networking
13:00 | Close
The seminar is suitable for HR and legal professionals working in the retail sector.