On Tuesday 6 July at 10am, Alan Kennedy, Womble Bond Dickinson and Conor McCrory, Cleaver Fulton Rankin, will discuss the significant challenges for your organisation when it comes to recruiting talent into the UK, particularly following Brexit and COVID-19.
The webinar will focus on how to recruit EU workers under the new points based system (including in relation to Skilled Worker visas), avoiding discrimination, the latest guidance on right to work checks and the legal requirements to obtain a sponsor licence when looking to recruit EU (and non-EU) nationals. It will also cover both employment and immigration considerations, including:
- Avoiding discrimination during the recruitment process
- Making offers of employment
- Right to work checks – the latest guidance post Brexit and COVID-19
- Prevention of illegal working and avoiding unfair dismissal claims.
- The EU Settlement Scheme – 30 June 2021 deadline
- The need to secure a Sponsor Licence with the Home Office to facilitate hiring talent from the EU and outside the EU
- The legal requirements for a Skilled Worker visa for EU and non-EU nationals
- Consideration of minimum salaries, qualifications and how to recruit globally to the UK.